Descrição do produto
In-depth instruction and practical techniques for building with the BeagleBone embedded Linux platform
Exploring BeagleBone is a hands-on guide to bringing gadgets, gizmos, and robots to life using the popular BeagleBone embedded Linux platform. Comprehensive content and deep detail provide more than just a BeagleBone instruction manual—you’ll also learn the underlying engineering techniques that will allow you to create your own projects. The book begins with a foundational primer on essential skills, and then gradually moves into communication, control, and advanced applications using C/C++, allowing you to learn at your own pace. In addition, the book’s companion website features instructional videos, source code, discussion forums, and more, to ensure that you have everything you need.
The BeagleBone’s small size, high performance, low cost, and extreme adaptability have made it a favorite development platform, and the Linux software base allows for complex yet flexible functionality. The BeagleBone has applications in smart buildings, robot control, environmental sensing, to name a few; and, expansion boards and peripherals dramatically increase the possibilities. Exploring BeagleBone provides a reader-friendly guide to the device, including a crash course in computer engineering. While following step by step, you can:
- Get up to speed on embedded Linux, electronics, and programming
- Master interfacing electronic circuits, buses and modules, with practical examples
- Explore the Internet-connected BeagleBone and the BeagleBone with a display
- Apply the BeagleBone to sensing applications, including video and sound
- Explore the BeagleBone’s Programmable Real-Time Controllers
Hands-on learning helps ensure that your new skills stay with you, allowing you to design with electronics, modules, or peripherals even beyond the BeagleBone. Insightful guidance and online peer support help you transition from beginner to expert as you master the techniques presented in Exploring BeagleBone, the practical handbook for the popular computing platform.
-- Christine Long, BeagleBoard.org Foundation
"What I've learned on this topic has taken me a decade of self-study culling through books and release notes and various platforms. Here, you've demystified it all in the span of a single (large) volume."
-- Brian DeLacey, founder of the IoT Festival
"This wonderful book is at the nexus of so many of the skills that are vital to today's computer scientists, electrical engineers, and innovators of all stripes as they turn their ideas into transformative creations."
-- Prof Ray Simar, Professor in the Practice of Digital Signal Processing Architecture, Rice University, Texas
"Derek Molloy's, Exploring BeagleBone, is THE book to go to if you are interested in learning about embedded Linux programming and how to use it to exploit the powerful capabilities of the BeagleBone single board computer."
-- Prof. Burford Furman, San José State University, California
GIVE LIFE TO YOUR CREATIONS WITH THE VERSATILE, LINUX-POWERED BEAGLEBONE
Whatever applications you can dream up, the BeagleBone can help you build them. This hands-on guide teaches you the essential BeagleBone skills and underlying engineering principles. It then takes you into interfacing, communication, and control so that you can create your own projects. Finally, you'll explore using the BeagleBone for advanced applications such as building Internet-of-Things systems and real-time interfacing. With hands-on examples and outstanding guidance, this book will give you the in-depth knowledge to do great things with the BeagleBone.
- Features a detailed review of the Linux, electronics, and programming skills required to master the BeagleBone
- Thoroughly examines interfacing the BeagleBone to almost any type of circuit or device
- Demonstrates advanced BeagleBone applications such as network communications; rich user interfaces; images, video, and audio; and real-time interfacing using the BeagleBone's PRU-ICSS
- Teaches transferrable essential skills to help you design with electronics, modules, or peripherals that can be used even beyond the BeagleBone
- Offers a strong "learn-by-doing" approach that supports both beginners and power users