- Capa comum: 504 páginas
- Editora: Wrox Press; Edição: 3 (12 de janeiro de 2015)
- Idioma: Inglês
- ISBN-10: 1118987241
- ISBN-13: 978-1118987247
- Dimensões do produto: 18,3 x 2,5 x 22,9 cm
- Peso de envio: 816 g
- Avaliação média: Seja o primeiro a avaliar este item
- Lista de mais vendidos da Amazon: no. 195,594 em Livros (Conheça o Top 100 na categoria Livros)
Professional Wordpress: Design and Development (Inglês) Capa Comum – 11 jan 2015
|Novo a partir de||Usado a partir de|
|Prazo||Valor Mensal (R$)||Total (R$)|
|2x sem juros||R$ 65,11||R$ 130,22|
|3x sem juros||R$ 43,42||R$ 130,22|
|4x sem juros||R$ 32,57||R$ 130,22|
Livros em Oferta
Todos os dias, novos livros com desconto. Confira todos aqui.
Clientes que compraram este item também compraram
Faça download dos Aplicativos de Leitura Kindle Gratuitos e comece a ler eBooks Kindle nos mais populares smartphones, tablets e computadores pessoais. Para enviar o link de download para seu smartphone por SMS, use o formato internacional sem espaços (Código Internacional+DDD+Número. Exemplo: +551199999999)
Para receber o link de download digite seu celular:
Veja todos os livros aqui
Detalhes do produto
Descrições do Produto
Master WordPress development with this top-rated guide
Professional WordPress Design and Development has been a favorite resource of developers since the first edition in 2010. Now fully updated for the current WordPress release, this 3rd edition offers new coverage of migrating websites to WordPress, the latest tools, and cutting edge uses for WordPress. You’ll gain insight into real projects that currently use WordPress as an application framework, as well as the basic usage and functionality of the system from a developer’s perspective. Detailed information and real-world examples will help you use the world’s largest self-hosted website platform efficiently, effectively, and professionally.
Professional WordPress Design and Development
- Clearly explains and demonstrates timeless WordPress fundamentals, no matter what version
- Gets you quickly up to speed on the new tools and features of WordPress
- Explores new uses for WordPress, illustrated with real-world projects
- Demonstrates how to efficiently migrate existing websites to WordPress
- Presents new ideas and expert perspectives on full system exploitation
- Offers techniques for crafting the best user experience, securing WordPress, managing data, and determining when WordPress is the right tool
- Provides everything you need to understand, develop, and deploy successful WordPress sites
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Sobre o Autor
Brad Williams is the cofounder of WebDevStudios.com and AppPresser.com, a cohost of the DradCast WordPress podcast, and the coauthor of Professional WordPress Plugin Development.
David Damstra is Vice President of Marketing Services and Creative Director for CU*Answers where his team of developers empowers clients with WordPress.
Hal Stern is an IT executive with a major healthcare company. He is coauthor of Blueprints for High Availability, also from Wiley.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Avaliação de clientes
|5 estrelas (0%)|
|4 estrelas (0%)|
|3 estrelas (0%)|
|2 estrelas (0%)|
|1 estrela (0%)|
Avaliações mais úteis de consumidores na Amazon.com
1. This is a fairly comprehensive book covering not only Theme development, but plug-ins, multisite, UX, and more. If you're strictly looking for theme development, this may not be the best fit for you. There is only one chapter dedicated to "Theme Development". Of course, the preceding chapters discuss loops, database manipulations, custom taxonomies and etc, but these would be something to learn once you actually know how to write a theme. If you're looking to increase the overall knowledge of WP development, this is going to be extremely helpful.
2. Some experience with WP is a must. By "experience", I mean a basic understanding of how WP theme and plug-ins are structured. If you have seen a code for themes or plug-ins, it will make understanding a lot easier. On the other hand, the book isn't going to be much useful for beginners. If you have little or no experience with WP development, take a look at Digging into WordPress.
3. The book provides plenty of example codes, but they are meant to be examples, not snippets. I wouldn't recommend the book to someone who are looking for a quick tutorial/cookbook on WP theme development. Finding snippets will still require lots of Googling (or days of wrestling with the code yourself).
4. Any developers would know that finding an organized tutorial on WP development is difficult. Yes, there are more than plenty of free/premium sources, but each tutorial covers only limited part of WP development and finding a comprehensive guide is always a challenge. I am very, very happy that this book responds to that concern.
In short, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to learn the dynamics of WP.
I get that WP moves so fast that to research and write and publish a book means that four new versions have been released since the idea first came to you, but damn. I saw and Advanced WP book come out, but it was half-complete and roundly attacked. The WP Bible's not been updated since Snowden was still in America. Too long.
Still - that isn't about THIS book. This book is in the third edition and has been updated for WP all the way through 4.1. Nice! Lots of good, in-depth and in-detail chapters. Just what is needed. I liked it enough that this is my second copy - I have a 2nd Edition, too.
Pick it up.
This is not a book for beginners on how to use WordPress to publish your blog, though it does cover that as a small part of the book. This is rather a book to help those who develop WordPress sites either as a profession or part of their daily work load. While it would be rare for anyone to find the entire book applies to them, it is extremely rare for someone to find that none of the book applies. This book thoroughly covers WordPress architecture and development to the platform for any web developer. Some of the books topics assume you are familiar with programming principles, as well as HTML and CSS, and that you know at least a little about web development and PhP. If you are short in those areas, there are plenty of good books and online tutorials to bring you up to speed. Since the code discussed in the book is available for download, you can learn many of the techniques simply by modifying existing code snippets and adding them to your own work.
If there is any negative to this book, it's not the fault of the book but rather the speeds at which publishers and platform developers work. While WROX is quick to publish books, and the authors in the Professional series are usually writing with pre-release software, by the nature of the publishing cycle versus the speed of the development cycle, most published books start going out of date the moment they ship. Fortunate, WROXD keeps publishing updated versions, such as this one, being the third edition.