Autores semelhantes para seguir
Ver mais recomendações
Os clientes também compraram itens de
While traditional finance focuses on the tools used to optimize return and minimize risk, this book explains how psychology can affect our decisions more than financial theory. Covering the ways investors actually behave, this is the first book of its kind to delve into the ways biases influence investment behavior, and how overcoming these biases can increase financial success.
Now in its sixth edition, this classic text features:
- An easy-to-understand structure, illustrating psychological biases as everyday behavior; analyzing their effect on investment decisions; and concluding with academic studies that exhibit real-life investors making choices that hurt their wealth.
- A new chapter on the biology of investment, exploring the latest research on genetics, neuroscience, and how hormones, aging, and nature versus nurture inform our investment behavior.
- An additional strategy for controlling biases, helping readers understand the psychology that motivates markets and how to address it.
- Experiential examples, chapter summaries, and end-of-chapter discussion questions to help readers test their practical understanding.
Fully updated with the latest research in the field, The Psychology of Investing will prove fascinating and educational for advanced students in investment, portfolio management, and behavioral finance classes as well as investors and financial planners.
This reliable resource provides a comprehensive view of behavioral finance and its psychological foundations, as well as its applications to finance. Comprising contributed chapters written by distinguished authors from some of the most influential firms and universities in the world, Behavioral Finance provides a synthesis of the most essential elements of this discipline, including psychological concepts and behavioral biases, the behavioral aspects of asset pricing, asset allocation, and market prices, as well as investor behavior, corporate managerial behavior, and social influences.
- Uses a structured approach to put behavioral finance in perspective
- Relies on recent research findings to provide guidance through the maze of theories and concepts
- Discusses the impact of sub-optimal financial decisions on the efficiency of capital markets, personal wealth, and the performance of corporations
Behavioral finance has quickly become part of mainstream finance. If you need to gain a better understanding of this topic, look no further than this book.
Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective.
The concept of socially responsible finance and investing continues to grow, especially in the wake of one of the most devastating financial crises in history. This includes responsibility from the corporate side (corporate social responsibility) as well as the investor side (socially responsible investing) of the capital markets. Filled with in-depth insights and practical advice, Socially Responsible Finance and Investing offers an important basis of knowledge regarding both the theory and practice of this ever-evolving area of finance.
As part of the Robert W. Kolb Series in Finance, this book showcases contributed chapters from professionals and academics with extensive expertise on this particular subject. It provides a comprehensive view of socially responsible foundations and their applications to finance and investing as determined by the current state of research.
- Discusses many important issues associated with socially responsible finance and investing, like moral hazard and the concept of "too big to fail"
- Contains contributed chapters from numerous thought-leaders in the field of finance
- Presents comprehensive coverage starting with the basics and bringing you through to cutting-edge, current theory and practice
Now more than ever, we need to be mindful of the social responsibilities of all investment practices. The recent financial crisis and recession has changed the financial landscape for years to come and Socially Responsible Finance and Investing is a timely guide to help us navigate this difficult terrain.